Shilpakala vibhushana kala ratna
DR. a. velu
Dr. A. Velu recieved Ph.D from from the United Theological Research University, External Studies and Research, USA, (secunderabad branch), Research Degree Award of Thesis “Religious Architecture and Construction Method” on 3rd March, 2016.
Dr. A. Velu first appointed as a skilled Assistant Lecturer in the Sculpture College in Endowments Department, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh in 1975.
Social Voluntary Services
- 1973 – Social Service of Sri Srivari Bramostvam Tirumala at TTD through Scouts and Guides.
- 1973 – Service as a Best Rover 10th Andhra Pradesh State Comporee, Bharat Scouts and Guides, Andhra Pradesh at Tirupathi.
- 1974 – Social Service of Sri Srivari Bramostvam Tirumala at TTD through Scouts and Guides.
- 1975 – Voluntary Service – Free eye camp for Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital at TTD Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh.
- 1981 – Voluntary Service – Road Safety Patrol for Guntur District Police Certificate from Superintend of Police, Guntur.
- 2004 – Best Social Service in Krishna Pushkaram at Srisailam Kurnool District.
- 2010 – Best Social Service in Thungabadra Pushkaram at Allampur, Mahaboobnagar District.
Service Special Temple Construction Projects
- New York Temple Project work at Balajai Bhavan , Hyderabad. One of the skilled sculptor.
- Srisairam submergible temple complex, Kollapur. One of the master temple planner.
- Renovation of temple works at Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple, Dwaraka Tirumala and other temple architecture works endowments department all over Andhra Pradesh.
- Srisaila Devastnam, Srisailam regarding fort wall(Compound wall works).
- Monolithic Statue of Buddha on the Gibraltar rock of Hussainsagar, Hyderabad especially in carving huge stone of Lord Buddha, One of the supervisor of the statue.
- Trained silpis and artists under his supervision.
- Supervising the CGF temple constructions and renovation temple works all over Andhra Pradesh.
- Reconstruction of Stone Rajagopuram(Vijayagopuram) of Sri Kalahastiswara Swamy Devasthanam, Srikalahasthi. Work is under progress estimated cost of Rs.50 crores.
He was the recipient of below titles from various organizations.
- His Designs were displayed in Japan at 4th International Design Competition, Osaka 1984.
- He served as honorary advisor to many arts Societies.
- For General awareness and to spread knowledge, he delivered lectures on Sculpture & Art works in AIR and Television.
Honorary Advisor and Member
- Board member of Hyderabad Art Society, Andhra Pradesh.
- Navarang Chitrakalnikethan, Vellator, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. (Ex member).
- Syllabus Advisor Committee S. V. College of Sculpture, Tirupathi, TTD
- Member of Technical Committee (Special Invitee) from Govt. of Andhra Pradesh Archeology department, Hyderabad.
- Member of Technical Advisor Committee of Endowments Department Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- Advisor Member Monthly Magazine Kalagnanam.
- Chief Editor to Mayamatham Silpa Sastra book.
- Chief Editor to Kasyapa Silpa Sastra book.
In order to retain traditional skills in architecture, Mr. Velu Sthpathi started sharing his vast 44 years experience from 1975 by running a professional guild named Velu Sthpathi which deals with design of temple construction and sculptural works.
Mr. Velu Sthpathi is one of the cheif editor of the book Kashyapa Silpa Grandam, first of its kind and unique master piece in India. His rresearch was solely responsible for the resurrection of the temple
works by the great Brahasrishi Kashiyapa.